I have been tagged by the lovely Philipa to state 6 Quirky Facts about myself. I was suppose to do this last week, but I got a bit distracted with all that was going on in the Square Mile. So here we go:
1) My job is quite ‘quirky’. I used to be an Auditor/Accountant and I have audited some strange clients ranging from rubbish tips (their business was rubbish…get it ;>) to glamous retail stores. I now work in the Technical Department…. you have to be a bit quirky to work there, but hey I enjoy it. On my honeymoon a fellow passenger asked me what I do for living and she laughed when I told her. Well, she said that I am too ‘happy’ to be an Accountant.
2) I have a love/hate relationship with London Transport. It gets me around London, but at times it really annoys me (to put it politely). I have lots of stories of my travels on London Transport, but I won’t bore you…well, last year I got stranded on Chinese News Year’s Eve (a big thing as we all have a big meal with our family on that day) because they decided to shut the Jublie Line, and I missed the meal. Boo!
3) When I was small I use to adopt ‘Grandparents’. Both my Grandparents lived very far away so I grew up with no one to knit and bake with. So I adopted my friend’s grandparents. I have a Granny in Kent who sent me a set of lovely spoons for my wedding. That’s why I make sure that my daughter has a good relationship with my parents and Inlaws.
4) I love to sing and I have performed on stage with several Hong Kong celebrities. What happened was I literally climbed on stage voluntaring to enter a singing competition. I can’t really sing that well and I came joint last in the competition, which was a bit embarassing.
5) I love the smell of babies. It is such a natural smell.
6) I love Ikea. Could spend hours there browsing the furniture, kitchen ware and fabrics of course.