Happy Spring! It’s lovely that the days are getting longer and the weather is getting warmer (I hope the reports on more snow and cold weather are not true). I’m still finishing of the cardigan and avoiding new projects so I have nothing to show. Hopefully I’ll get my act together, but feeling very tired after work. Anyway, I found this meme on Sweet Tiding’s blog and thought I’d test it out. I was secretly hoping that I would end up being a Audrey (Hepburn) or a Grace (Kelly), but look who I am:
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz…
You Are a Katharine!
You are a Katharine — “I am happy and open to new things”
Katharines are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Give me companionship, affection, and freedom.
- * Engage with me in stimulating conversation and laughter.
- * Appreciate my grand visions and listen to my stories.
- * Don’t try to change my style. Accept me the way I am.
- * Be responsible for youself. I dislike clingy or needy people.
- * Don’t tell me what to do.
What I Like About Being a Katharine
- * being optimistic and not letting life’s troubles get me down
- * being spontaneous and free-spirited
- * being outspoken and outrageous. It’s part of the fun.
- * being generous and trying to make the world a better place
- * having the guts to take risks and to try exciting adventures
- * having such varied interests and abilities – not sure about abilities, but I do have a lot of interests. Hee! Hee!
What’s Hard About Being a Katharine
- * not having enough time to do all the things I want – you can say that again
- * not completing things I start – well apart from ballet, piano and my yoga course, I think I have completed most things….ok I will finish the cardigan.
- * not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career
- * having a tendency to be ungrounded; getting lost in plans or fantasies
- * feeling confined when I’m in a one-to-one relationship
Katharines as Children Often
- * are action oriented and adventuresome – my Mum knows all about this. I was fairly active as a child, you can often find me hanging upside down in the playground and/or on the monkey bars (until I broke my arm)
- * drum up excitement
- * prefer being with other children to being alone
- * finesse their way around adults
- * dream of the freedom they’ll have when they grow up
Katharines as Parents
- * are often enthusiastic and generous
- * want their children to be exposed to many adventures in life – Jaxs knows all about this
- * may be too busy with their own activities to be attentive – ahem…yep guilty, but only when I’m reading or knitting. Honest.
Go on have a go….